Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 medium shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups peeled & chopped butternut squash
- 1 pinch each sea salt + black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 14-ounce coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1-3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp chili garlic paste
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add oil, shallots, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add butternut squash and season with salt, pepper, curry powder, and ground cinnamon. Stir to coat.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, maple syrup or coconut sugar, and chili garlic paste
- Boil over medium heat until butternut squash is fork tender.
- Use a blender and and purée on high until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning
- Serve and enjoy!